Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Veal Stuffed with Proscuitto, Provolone and Sage

Ok, so I combined a couple of recipes to come up with this little gem...Norm loves this Veal Involtini dish that I make that is very simple. Veal, layered with provolone and fresh sage, rolled up and pan-fried. We had made a trip to Whole Foods, and when we came up on some thinly sliced veal, he made the suggestion to have the involtini.

I took it one step further, added some proscuitto...which for whatever reason was within arms distance from the veal, so it was like we "had" to have it! Here's what we used:

~ 1 lb of veal, thinly sliced (we had about 6 decent slices of veal altogether)
6 slices of proscuitto
6 slices of low-fat provolone
2-3 Tbsp of fresh sage, chopped
flour, seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic
Wine (for deglazing the pan)

Instead of rolling it up, I just folded it in half, and secured the packages with a toothpick. Then I dredged them in flour seasoned with salt, pepper and a little garlic-parsley mixture and into the pan it went! I pan-fried it in a touch of olive oil and a little butter (spray butter). Then I deglazed the pan with a little marsala, getting all of those yummy brown bits off the pan. I let the wine reduce a little and voila!

We had this with fresh steamed green beans, whipped cannellini beans and a tossed salad.

No comments: