Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Flatbread Pizza

I've said it before, I love when Norm's not here for dinner, I can make things that he won't eat! He would have zero interest in this light version of pizza. Not because he doesn't like pizza (he loves it) but because it has soy cheese as well as a layer of herbed ricotta cheese on the crust. It's something that comes together in a pinch, and it's filling and pretty good for you!

Flatbread Pizza
(Source: me!)

1 whole wheat flatbread
1/3 C low-fat ricotta cheese
italian seasonings
garlic salt
ground pepper
pizza sauce (I used a fat-free organic brand I found)
soy cheese
mushrooms
turkey pepperoni
sliced red onion

Preheat oven to 375. Heat flatbread in oven for about 10 minutes (until it just starts to get toasty). Season ricotta with italian seasong, garlic, pepper. Remove from oven, spread crust with ricotta mixture, top with pizza sauce, soy cheese, and other toppings. Bake for another 10-15 minutes until the cheese is melted.

No comments: