Thursday, October 18, 2007

PB Brownie Bites

Norm and I are headed to my parents house this weekend for our annual Fall family get together - AKA the Halloweenie. My brothers, and their wives, and their kids (6 of 'em...3 nephews and 3 neices) are coming, too. It'll be a weekend full of food and fun stuff! We always have a big fire in the fire pit and roast hot dogs and marshmallows.

The younger kids (my oldest nephew who is on the brink of teenagerdom is too cool to participate any more = D) bring their Halloween costumes and do a little parade around the house...and my parents put little treat-filled little pumpkins around the yard and let them go and find them. The big kids get to sip on my dad's mulled cider.

So in preparation for the weekend, I'm making a few treats. The first being Brownie Peanut Butter Bites that I found on cooks.com. I had my eye on these suckers for a while, but if I made them without having a place to take them, I'd eat all 48 of these little beauties. What I'd like to do to serve them is to top them with a little whipped topping and decorate them with some candy corn or something festive. That is IF I can keep them out of everyone's hands long enough to do the decorating!

BROWNIE PEANUT BUTTER BITES
(Source: cooks.com)
1 package of brownie mix (I used Betty Crocker Fudge Brownies, the family size box)
1/3 C hot water
1 egg
1/4 C oil
48 miniature peanut butter cups.

Preheat oven to 350.

Mix brownie mix with water, egg and oil. Beat well until blended. Fill paper-lined mini-muffin cups about 1/2 full with batter. Press one peanut butter cup into batter in each cup. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until brownie is set (I baked mine for about 13 minutes). Cool completely.

No comments: