Friday, October 12, 2007

Balsamic Glazed Pork Chops

So since our freezer is going to explode from being overstuffed with goodies, we are trying to make an effort to clean it out a little and using up some of the things that are taking up so much space (like the little single serve ice cream sundaes that I had to have...yum!). We had a package of 3 lonely pork chops in there that I was just going to bread and bake in the oven. That was until I saw this recipe on a blog called What Recipe? that looked delish...so I threw caution to the wind and decided to try it.

One tiny snag though...it called for 1/2 C of balsamic vinegar. I only had 1/4 c. BUT I also had this bottle of orange infused balsamic in the cupboard that I've been dying to try but the hubby doesn't care for fruit with meats and things so I had to be sneaky. I didn't tell him what was in it until after he tried it and said it was good = )

So here's the recipe with my modifications....I served this with roasted broccoli and cauliflower (tossed with EVOO, salt, pepper, a little garlic roasted at 425 for about 20 minutes) and some mashed potatoes. I'll upload the pic when I get a chance!

Balsamic-Glazed Pork Chops
(Source: What Recipe? Blog by Catherine)
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar (I used 1/4C regular balsamic and 1/4C orange infused balsamic)
2 tsp honey
1 tbsp butter (used spray butter to make it a little lighter)
1 tbsp olive oil (used Pam instead)
4 pork loin chops (I had 3 chops, trimmed)
salt
pepper
flour

Mix together the broth, vinegar and honey in a medium bowl. Set asideHeat pan over medium heat. Add butter and let melt until it starts to brown. Add in olive oil.

Season pork chops with salt and pepper. Dredge through flour and place in pan. Sautee 4 minutes on each side or until mostly cooked through. Remove from pan and keep warm.

Deglaze the pan with the balsamic sauce. Using a whisk, loosen the browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and add the pork chops back in, turning occasionally to coat on all sides. Simmer until the sauce has reduced to about 1/4 cup. Plate the pork chops, drizzle with sauce, and serve.

No comments: