Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Veal Marsala

Another easy recipe....I'm surprised I haven't posted it before. I think I originally lifted it off of a weight watchers message board or something. I make this quite a lot, sometimes with veal, sometimes with thinly sliced chicken breasts or tenders. Either way, it's a quick and delicious meal that would even be fit for "company". Actually I have made this for when our parents both came over for dinner once.

We love it with garlic mashed potatoes and a some steamed green beans on the side. For those that don't like the butter spray - I think the original recipe called for 2 T butter.

Veal Marsala
1 lb thinly sliced veal
1/4 C flour (seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic salt)
4 oz sliced mushrooms
1 shallot, thinly sliced
1 C marsala wine
Butter spray.

Put flour in a shallow dish. Dredge veal pieces in flour to coat. Heat a large skillet over med-high heat, coat with cooking spray and spray with butter. Add veal. Cook 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Flip veal and spray with a little more butter. Add mushrooms and shallot around veal. Cook another 2 minutes until veal is browned and mushrooms and shallot have started to cook. Add marsala wine and cover. Cook for 10-15 minutes until wine has reduced and veal is cooked thru.

No comments: