Monday, February 18, 2008

Cake Balls!

Ok so the name of these little tasty treasures makes me giggle like a school-girl. But they are fantastic! I knew I couldn't make them unless I had a reason to take them somewhere, or else I would sit on the couch popping these in my mouth one by one until they were all gone. **Sigh** No willpower.

This is also one of those recipes that is so easy, it's almost embarrassing to post. Seriously. Well...except for the dipping in chocolate part. I need to work on my dipping skills. There's endless possible varieties to try by using different cake mix/frosting/coating combos...this one is a strawberry cake with strawberry frosting dipped in dark chocolate.

Cake Balls
1 box of cake mix
1 container of frosting
Chocolate (I used Baker's dark chocolate)

Make cake according to the directions on the box. While it's still hot, crumble into tiny bits. Stir in frosting until incorporated. Form in 1" balls - I used a small pampered chef cookie scoop thingie - and place on a baking sheet lined with wax paper. Refridgerate until completely cooled. Dip into chocolate and let harden.

No comments: