Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Baked Pesto Salmon with Tomatoes Over Arugula

Another borrowed recipe...normally I wouldn't make something that called for sliced tomatoes as a prominent ingredient this time of year. The tomatoes taste awful in the winter. However, my grocery store had an enticing mix of cherry/grape tomatoes that I couldn't pass up. Don't they look yummy????

This is another super easy and delicious recipe, courtesy of Kayln of Kayln's Kitchen. Basically three ingredients: Salmon, pesto, tomatoes. Quick to put together and not a lot of clean up. Thanks, Kayln for the wonderful recipe!

I think it would be great in the summer to do on the grill. I had my very first experience with making pest tonight as well. My store had no pesto. WTF??? What grocery store has no pesto in stock??? I think it turned out well for my first try.
So this is what I did...I took a giant piece of foil, and folded it in half and sprayed the entire thing liberally with cooking spray. I place 2 wild salmon filets in the middle, topped each with a healthy tablespoon of my homemade pesto, and topped that with the colorful cherry tomatoes that I quartered. I folded the foil up into a nice, neat tightly sealed package and baked at 450 for 15 minutes. Let rest for a few minutes, then open up the package and serve.


We had this over salads with goat cheese. I made a meyer lemon vinaigrette for myself (juice of 1 lemon, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, 1 clove of garlic, chives, salt and pepper) and Norm had a bottled balsamic dressing. He isn't a fan of citrus, which I just cannot fathom = )

1 comment:

Megan said...

Hi Ann, Thanks for entering my contest. You have one ticket in the hat. I was thinking of having salmon tonight and lucky me, here is a good looking recipe. I also want to try those cake balls. (giggle) I thought about making them for a bus full of JR. High students going to San Francisco. That way there would be no way I could eat them all. I subscribed to your blog. Well, I will when I get home and I'm on my laptop. Right now, I'm at work! Working hard! Hahahaha. Oh no , here comes the boss! Bye!