Thursday, November 15, 2007

Spicy Curry Chicken

This recipe showed up one day in my Google Reader, courtesy of Ally at Culinary Infatuation. I looooooove, love, love spices, and this recipe just sort of fit the bill for what I was looking for to make for dinner. It was really good, and Norm liked it, too. I served it over this tandoori rice mix that I picked up at the store. The rice was really good, but probably too much for the chicken, so next time, just a simple basmati or something. I took the leftovers for lunch, and it was even better the next day.

Curry Chicken
(Source: ***Culinary Infatuation***)
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts or 1 1/4 lb cut into 1 inch cubes (used about a lb of thin sliced tenderloins, cut into large chunks)
1 Tbs. curry powder
1 Tbs. Garham Masala
2 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. ground coriander
1 tsp. red pepper flakes
1 tsp. coarse salt
1 tsp. fresh ground pepper
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. ground ginger (unbelievably, I didn't have this on hand, so it was omitted)
1 tsp. dried basil
1/4 cup lite sour cream (you could use yogurt, as I would but alas I did not have any and the sour cream worked the same) - I used non-fat yogurt
1 Tbs. olive oil (I sprayed the pan with Pam, and added maybe 1/2 T of oil)


Mix all spices together and add sour cream stir to combine. Add chicken coating thickly and marinate for an hour.

Heat skillet over med. heat and cook chicken for 15 minutes or until cooked through.

No comments: