Thursday, November 15, 2007

Red Curried Tofu

I totally forgot about this recipe until I was in the grocery store the other night. Norm was going to be at the hockey game (I opted not to go) so I was free to make something that I know he would have zero interest in eating. He hates tofu for some reason with the fire of a thousand suns. I can't even get him to taste it at all when I cook it. Freak.

But I digress. This is super flavorful, and it's really good for you! When I was on Weight Watcher (the first time!), I ran this thru the recipe builder and it came out to 4 points per serving (2 without the cashews). I serve it over basmati rice that I cook in chicken broth. I think the original was from epicurious, but I'm not sure, it was about 5 years ago that this was passed onto me, so who knows!

Red Curried Tofu
2 tsp dark sesame oil
2 cup red onion(s)
1 cup bell pepper(s)
1 1/2 tsp curry powder
1 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp table salt

1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
1 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
1 Tbsp honey
1 tsp red curry paste

14 1/2 oz Del Monte Diced Tomatoes, No Salt Added
12 1/4 oz Nasoya Lite Firm Tofu
1/4 cup cilantro
1 oz dry-roasted cashews


Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and bell pepper; saute 4 minutes or until tender. Stir in curry, coriander, turmeric, and salt; cook 2 minutes. Add soy sauce and the next 4 ingredients (soy sauce through tofu). Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer for 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve the tofu mixture over rice, and sprinkle with cilantro and cashews.

No comments: