Saturday, February 14, 2009

Easy Seafood Enchiladas

Ok so I have a problem at grocery stores when something is 2-for-1 or when you get a bargain for buying multiples (10/$10). I can't pass it up. I physically can't. Which is why I had an abundance of imitation crabmeat. What? Yeah, imitation crabmeat. I love it. I don't know why, I just do. Don't ask. I had four packets of the stuff in the fridge, and had to start using it up.

I don't have a lot of time in the evenings to make big elaborate dinners during the week. I found this supposed copy-cat recipe of Chi-Chi's seafood enchiladas. I didn't taste anything like Chi-Chi's but with a couple modifications, it did make for a good and quick dinner.

EASY SEAFOOD ENCHILADAS
6 servings

1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 cup onions, chopped
1 jalapeno, chopped
1 10 oz. can cream of chicken soup (I used healthy choice)
1 C fat-free cottage cheese

12 ounces crab, chopped (real or imitation)
1 3/4 cups reduced-fat mexican blend cheese, shredded
6 large whole wheat tortillas
1 cup skim milk
1 dash nutmeg
1 dash pepper
chili powder
hot sauce

Sautee garlic, onion and jalapeno in small pan until tender. In mixing bowl, stir together soup, onion, jalapenos, nutmeg and black pepper. In another bowl, place half of the soup mixture, crab and 1 cup of the shredded cheese, cottage cheese: season with chili powder and hot sauce and set aside.

Place 1/6 of crab mixture on each tortilla and roll up. Place seam side down in greased baking dish. Stir milk into the reserved soup mixture, pour over enchiladas. Bake at 350 for 30 mintues. Top with the rest of the cheese and bake for 10 minutes or until cheese melts.

No comments: