Thursday, January 24, 2008

Blueberry Eggnog French Toast

One of my husband's favorite things about the holiday season is eggnog. I could definitely leave it, but I humor him and buy it for him. I wanted to use up the last of the Sara Lee Blueberry Yogurt Breakfast bread in the fridge (also known as the some of the last carbs that would willingly pass my lips before going on the south beach diet, phase one...) and thought that maybe eggnog would make a fun twist in place of milk. And it was! I thought it was really good. Not good enough for me to slug down a glass of eggnog, but good enough that I will try this again!

I don't have an actual recipe, I am a toss-it-in-a-bowl-as-you-go kinda gal when it comes to french toast. But here my guesstimates.

Eggnog French Toast
1/2 C egg substitute
1/3 C low-fat eggnog
1 tsp granulated sugar
dash of nutmeg
dash of cinnamon
sliced bread

Mix egg, eggnog, sugar and spices. Heat a frying pan, spray with cooking spray. Dip bread slices in egg mixture. Cook bread slices until golden brown.

No comments: