Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Grilled Romaine Caesar Salad

I don't know how we survived without a grill before we moved into this house! Seriously...nothing is better than grilled yumminess in the summer. I came across this tasty little number one day watching the Food Network (sidenote, Norm has ESPN on any chance he gets, my go to channel is the Food Network...go figure!)

I couldn't have been easier. Here's how you do it...

Slice a head of romaine in half lengthwise. Either spritz or brush the cut surface with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill, cut side down for 2-4 minutes. Remove from heat and let rest for a few minutes. Drizzle with dressing and salad toppings. Easy-peasy!
I dressed these with South Beach Caesar dressing, chopped tomato and bacon bits and some freshly grated parmesan cheese. Delish!

No comments: