Monday, October 24, 2011

Pasta with pumpkin, bacon and gorgonzola sauce

Yep so with a 7 month old, plus working full time, plus everything else life wants to toss at me I don't have the time to cook like I did before. So when I find some short cuts that I can gussie up to make a meal more...well...good, I take them and run. I saw this jar of sauce at the Market District and dove right in. It even had a little hang tag on it with some recipes, even better!

One of the recipes was to add bacon and gorgonzola and make a lasagna or other baked pasta dish. We figured we'd use that as a jumping off point. I caramelized some onion and deglazed the pan with a little balsamic vinegar. We had cooked some bacon yesterday morning and actually had some leftover (truly a miracle)...that got chopped up and added in. Then added the jar of sauce and about 3 oz of crumbled gorgonzola. I let it simmer until the cheese got all melty and served it over farfalle. Fall goodness!

The pictures are terrible... but last time I checked I was doing this as more of a digital archive of recipes not to win photography awards, lol.

No comments: