Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Pecan Pumpkin Pie Candy

I found this on another blog...it looked like something yummy to take to my brother's house for Thanksgiving to snack on while we watched the parade and football games.

They were good, my neice loved them. I did cut back on some of the sugar because I was afraid they would be way too sweet, and I used sweetened coconut.


Pecan Pumpkin Pie Candy
(Source: cathy's kitchen journey)

1 15 oz can of pumpkin puree
2 C white sugar (i used about 1 1/2 C)
2 C unsweetened coconut (I used sweetened b/c I had it on hand)
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/8 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 C chopped pecans

In a medium saucepan, combine pumpkin, sugar, coconut and spices (except vanilla). On medium heat, cook and mix together and allow sugar to disolve. Continue cooking and stirring until the mixture forms a ball (it will take a long time 20-30 minutes at least, but it will get there once all the liquid evaporates)

Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Transfer to a heat safe bowl and cover with plastic wrap so a skin doesn't form. Chill in refrigerator until cooled completely.

Using a small scoop, scoop out 1 TBSP balls of mixture and roll in the palms of your hands. Roll balls in chopped pecans to coat. Put back in fridge to set. Makes approximately 30 balls.




No comments: