Saturday, June 6, 2009

Crab Stuffed Artichokes

I decided to make Norm stuffed artichokes....I hadn't had them in a long time, and he's never had them. Plus I had some extra time considering I was off all week. They are super easy, and you could probably stuff them with just about anything. They'd also be good with a dipping sauce of some sort - like an aioli or something.


Here's what you do. Trim the sharp little barbs off the top of each leaf and cut the stalk off the bottom as you'll want to stand them up to stuff and bake them.

Steam them for about 30 minutes - long enough so that the leaves are soft and you can pull them out a bit to stuff them. Stuff and bake for about 20-25 minutes until they are warmed thru.

Here's what I stuffed them with:

2 T melted butter
1/2 - 1 cup of bread crumbs
salt, pepper
parsley
italian seasoning
garlic salt
1 small can of crab meat

Mix all together until it's a moist stuffing. Spoon into artichokes and bake.



No comments: