Monday, September 17, 2007

Naners

I had some very ripe bananas on the kitchen table that I really needed to do something with. I decided to try a recipe for Banana Crunch Muffins, which I got off the a Weight Watchers message board that had been in my "must try" pile of recipes for a long time. They were good...not great...but good enough to be a nice subsitution for breakfast this week in place of my usual Kashi granola bars. Maybe next time I'll doctor up the recipe a little and add some raisins, bran and some almonds to it to give them a little more oomph.

Banana Crunch Muffins
Source: weightwatchers.com message board
1 cup whole wheat flour
½ cup Kashi GOLEAN crunch cereal
½ cup splenda
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
2 large bananas, mashed
½ cup skim milk
¼ cup egg beaters
1 tsp vanilla extract

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray In a medium bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients In a large bowl, combine all of the wet ingredient. Stir into the flour mixture just until moistened. Spoon the batter evenly into the muffin tins.

Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Makes 12 muffins

No comments: