Friday, April 12, 2013

Italian Beef Roast

This is what I'm making today.  My parents are doing us a huge favor coming in to Pittsburgh today to hang out with Izzy since Norm and I apparently can't figure out how to use a calendar!  I figured I'd make them a nice meal as a thank you.  I'm sure it's rough on them to have to hang out with the cutest 2 year old on the planet!

I'm trying a new pot-roast recipe for the crock pot since I can't find where I stashed the last one I used (yummy, used coffee in the cooking liquid!).  I also added sliced mushrooms, because I love them.  Planning on serving this with mashed red skin potatoes, green beans and a salad. 

I'll update this once we actually eat it!

Best Ever Slow Cooker Italian Beef Roast
Source:  http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Best-Ever-Slow-Cooker-Italian-Beef-Roast/Detail.aspx


1 (3 pound) beef chuck roast
1 onion, quartered

1 (10.5 ounce) can beef broth
1 (1 ounce) packet dry au jus mix
1 (.7 ounce) package dry Italian salad dressing mix (such as Good Seasons®)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper

Directions

Place beef chuck roast into a slow cooker and scatter onion quarters around the meat. Pour the beef broth over the meat and sprinkle the au jus mix, Italian salad dressing mix, salt, and black pepper over the roast.

Cover cooker, set on Low, and cook until meat is very tender, 6 to 8 hours.

No comments: